PTO MEETINGS MINUTES
THE MOODY SCHOOL PTO WANTS YOU!
Please join us on Tuesday, September 20th, at 3:30 p.m.
We look forward to seeing you there.
PTO Meeting Notes – September 20, 2016
We wish to thank everyone that was able to attend our first PTO meeting yesterday. Your interest and support benefits the students and staff at Moody School in so many ways. We also wish to especially thank Nicole Carlow and Nora Schuetze, 2015-2016 PTO officers, who attended this meeting to provide guidance and to discuss the many functions the PTO has.
With your input, we have made the following plans:
- PTO meetings will be held the second Tuesday of each month at 3:30 in the gym. The next meeting will be October 11th.
- Our PTO president will be Ryan White. The co-treasurer / secretaries will be Ashley Derman-Swift and Erin Parks. Jen Lyons has volunteered to lead the Scholastic Book Fair and Jennifer Brown will continue the Box Top project. The Moody School Staff wishes to extend our sincere appreciation for their help.
- The fall fest has been scheduled for Thursday, October 27th, and the Scholastic Book Fair will take place from October 28th through November 4th.
Please feel free to contact me or any or the Moody School staff with any suggestions. Again, we wish to thank you for your participation.
Lynne Murray, Head Teacher
Meeting Notes – October 11, 2016
- The PTO will supply 2 large pumpkins for each classroom to support our curriculum unit.
- The Fall Fest will be held on Thursday, October 27th. Plans will include indoor and outdoor activities such as wagon/hayrides, pumpkin bowling, leaf stamps, pumpkin masks, play dough, hide and find leaf bins, and class photograph. Staff and students are encouraged to wear black and orange to celebrate this event. Volunteers with an approved CORI on file are needed. Please check with Mrs. Collins in the Moody School office.
- The Scholastic Book Fair will be open from October 28th through November 4th.
- Family Pizza Night / Book Fair will be held on Thursday, November 3rd from 5:00 – 6:30 p.m. Staff and volunteers with an approved CORI on file are needed.
- The PTO will be hosting a bake sale on Election Day (November 8th). Donations of baked goods will be greatly appreciated.
- The next PTO meeting will be held on Tuesday, November 1, at 3:30. We hope you are able to join us.
As always, we wish to thank you for continued support.
Meeting Notes – November, 2016
- The PTO is actively working to obtain a non profit status.
- Fall Fest was a huge success! Students and staff enjoyed a day of fall activities.
- Jen Lyons did a great job running the book fair. Thank you Jen for all your time. It is greatly appreciated.
- On November 3rd, staff, students and their families enjoyed an evening of pizza, raffles, browsing the book fair and socializing. A great time was had by all.
- There will be a bake sale held on election day, Tuesday, November 8th. Donations of baked goods will be accepted in the office.
- Orders from the Yankee Candle Fund raiser arrived this week. The fundraiser raised approximately $700.
- Jen Brown is coordinating a fundraiser with Chunky’s Cinema. A flyer will be going home with your child soon.
- The next PTO meeting will be held on Tuesday, December 13th, at 3:30.
Thank you for your participation and support. Without you working with us, these activities would not be possible!
Meeting Notes – December, 2016
- Wayne from Maine is schedule for Thursday, January 19. Snow date will be Thursday, January 26.
- Curious Creatures will be scheduled for March.
- The PTO is planning to host a family event in May at the Scholastic Book Fair. They will be contacting the “Bubble Man” for this event.
- The next PTO meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, January 10, at 3:30. We hope to see you there.
Meeting Notes – January, 2017
- The Moody School Staff is working diligently to create a new and updated science resource center for students. This will help enhance the state mandated science curriculum. The PTO will help fund this project.
- Wayne from Maine is scheduled for Thursday, January 9.
- Curious Creatures will be scheduled for March. Date TBA.
- There was some discussion about bringing back the event “Someone to Love Dance”.
- The spring book fair will run Monday, May 1, through Monday, May 8. BOGO
- Thursday, May 4, there will be a family fun night that will include the book fair, ice cream social and entertainment from the Bubble Man.
- Upcoming fundraisers will include Chocolate Roses for Valentines Day, Chunky Passes, Restaurant Night and a Spring Flower sale.
- The next PTO meeting is schedule for Tuesday, February 14, @ 3:30. All are welcome!
Meeting Minutes – February 14, 2017
- PTO donated $1,000 to the STEM program and $250 to the OT Department.
- The chocolate rose fundraiser was short a small amount of roses. We will be ordering the missing roses for the students who orders were incomplete.
- Box tops earned $153 during the month of January. PLEASE CONTINUE TO CLIP, SAVE AND SEND IN WITH YOUR CHILD. Thank you.
- Flyers for Chunky’s fundraiser have gone home with students. Orders are due Tuesday, February 28th.
- Flyers for the Spring Flower fundraiser will go out the end of March.
- Curious Creatures is schedule for March 2nd.
- Book Fair is scheduled to run May 1st, through May 8th.
- Thursday, May 4th, from 5:30 to 7:00 the PTO will have the book fair open, an ice cream social and entertainment from the Bubble Man.
- The next PTO meeting is schedule for Tuesday, March 14th, @ 3:30. All are welcome to join.
Meeting Minutes – March 23, 2017
- Spring Plant fundraiser forms were sent home this past week. Please check your child’s back pack. Orders are due April 7th.
- The Spring Book Fair will run May 1st through May 8th. Volunteers are needed. Your approved CORI must be on file.
- Family Fun Night will be held on May 4th from 5:30 – 7:00 p.m.
- All of the Chunky’s tickets were distributed. Teachers and parents agreed that this was a great fundraiser.
- The PTO will be supplying sand for the playground sandbox.
- Field Day is scheduled for June 8th. Activities will include the water table, fishing with nets, relay races, the parachute, sand box scavenger hunt and freeze pops. All volunteers must have an up to date CORI on file.
- The next PTO meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, April 11th. All are welcome to join.
Meeting Minutes – April 11, 2017
- Book Fair / Family Fun Night: Scholastic is sending us 5 cases of books for the fair in May. In October, we received 3. It was suggested that the “bubble man” perform on stage and that the book fair be set up in a “U” shape on either side of the gym.
- The flower fundraiser was a success and they will be delivered the week before Mother’s Day.
- The playground will have a new sandbox. We are hoping to find a large plastic one with a locking lid.
- Loam was donated by the Harrison family to help level off the playground and classrooms will be growing grass to transplant into the area.
- The idea to have a craft/vendor fair in October 2017 was mentioned at the meeting. Plans are in the work.
- The next PTO meeting will be held on Tuesday, May 9th, at 3:30. All are welcome to join.