School at Home Suggestions
Hello Moody School Community!
This is week 1 of several weeks at home. Even if we aren’t in school together, we want to continue to support your child in the ways available to us. We are in this together!
One way to support the health and well-being of your child is to support a regular daily routine. Each week, we’ll be posting suggested activities (15 minutes or shorter) that you can do with your child to support your routine during these unusual times.
Stay healthy, stay safe, and stay connected!
-The Moody School Staff
- START WITH A BOOK! – Read a book together to start the day. Identify the title and author of the book. Support your child in holding the book and turning pages. If you’d like to listen to a book read aloud, you can listen to this St. Patrick’s Day book – https://youtu.be/aUiAnNXxvHc – or you can check out this site https://www.storylineonline.net/
- SING SONGS – Oral language is an important part of Preschool learning and singing songs is one way to support that language development. Check out this link for a song to sing with your child today – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9siyDPch-6c
- LITERACY ACTIVITY – Go on a letter hunt! Find the letters in your house.
- MATH ACTIVITY – Work on counting and one to one correspondence. Have your child count items (cups, plates, tile squares) or actions (how many jumps can you do in 30 seconds?)
- Take time to PLAY!!! Play is an important part of preschool learning. Make pretend meals together, pretend you’re taking a trip into space, or build something with blocks. Have fun!
- FINE MOTOR – Take time to write or draw pictures together. Start a “journal” with your child. Write or draw how you are feeling today, what you noticed, or anything that comes to mind.
- GROSS MOTOR – Take time to move! Use gonoodle.com for some fun movement songs to do with your child.
- LITERACY TIME – Sing the alphabet! Here’s a link to a space themed alphabet song – https://www.sesamestreet.org/videos?vid=3203. And here’s a link to a vehicle themed alphabet song – https://youtu.be/Ks_Hkx9oxiI.
- MATH TIME – Go on a color hunt in the afternoon! Find everything that’s the same color. You pick the color and go search.
- SCIENCE – Do some nature observing today. How do the trees look? Are there new plants growing outside? What’s the weather today? Draw a picture to go with your observations.
Bedtime – End each day with a book. Take the time to connect with your child, check in with them, and give them your undivided attention.